|Sakura and the Sports Day of Flowers|
|Season 1, Episode 10|
|Air date||June 16, 1998|
|Cards Captured||The Flower|
Sakura and the Mysterious Brooch
Sakura, Tomoyo, and the Mansion
Sakura and the Sports Day of Flowers (さくらと花の運動会, Sakura to Hana no Undōkai) is the 10th episode of the first series of Cardcaptor Sakura. The Cardcaptors title for this episode is "An Unexpected Reunion".
It's athletic festival day at Sakura's school so family members have come to cheer the students on. After the first athletic game Sakura meets Toya and Yukito and he tells that you are a fast racer and Toya makes fun of her causing Sakura to stomp his foot and he cries out. During the cheering Toya tells Yukito that Sakura is always catch her baton with her head and her baton lands on her head shocking Yukito and everyone and Toya points it in surprise. During lunch break Sakura meets Tomoyo's mother, Sonomi Daidōji for the first time. When Sonomi and Sakura's father, Fujitaka, meet, both are shocked to see each other. From their conversation, it is revealed that Sonomi is cousin to Sakura's mother and she blames Fujitaka for her death, though not in any direct way. While Sonomi and Fujitaka race in the parent's race, there is a shower of flower petals. Sakura suspects a Clow Card and finds the Flower card on the roof of the school. Sakura captures it. Syaoran tried to help her but he was stopped by Yamazaki. Sakura uses the Flower card to give flowers to her father and Tomoyo's mother.
- Sakura: (thinking) Today is Tomoeda Elemetary School's athletic festival! There are kids who say athletic festivals are a pain so they don't like them. But I love it!
- Kid #1: That fourth grader Kinomoto sure runs fast.
- Kid #2: Nobody can win against her.
- (Tomoyo appears and surprises the kids)
- Tomoyo: Not only is Sakura super fast, she's super cute as too!
- Yukito: (about Sakura's cheerleading skills) Sakura has gotten much better.
- Toya: Well, if you compare it to before. When she first joined the squad, you know how she tosses the baton, right? She always caught it with her head.
- (baton falls and hits Sakura on the head)
- Toya: See?
- Tomoyo: Sakura, allow me to introduce. This is my mother.
- (Sonomi stares at Sakura)
- Sonomi: Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Sonomi Daidōji. Thank you for being such good friends with Tomoyo all the time.
- Sakura: That's not true. I'm always the one being helped out...
- Sonomi: You really are cute. You look a lot like someone I know... I've heard a lot about you from Tomoyo, but she never told me your last name. Would you care to tell me what it is?
- Sakura: Oh, um Kino...
- (Fujitaka calls to Sakura)
- Sakura: Dad!
- (Sonomi screams)
- Sonomi: Mr. Kinomoto!!