|Sakura, Yukito, and the Vanishing Power|
|Season 3, Episode 65|
|Air date||February 15, 2000|
Sakura and the Snowy Ski Class
Sakura's Most Favorite Person
Sakura, Yukito, and the Vanishing Power (さくらと雪兎と消えゆく力, Sakura to Yukito to Kieyuku Chikara) is the 65th episode of Cardcaptor Sakura. The Cardcaptors title for this episode is "Lights, Camera, Vanish!".
Sakura is skating home from shopping, while eating a meat bun and notices Toya and Yukito nearby talking. Toya grabs Yukito's hand, and it looks as if he is hurting him, surprising the young Cardcaptor. She skates over to try and protect Yukito, when Sakura realizes Nakuru and her classmates are peforming a film, and she apologizes to get in the way, but Nakuru tells her it's all right. Toya and Yukito are starring in an independent film directed by Nakuru for their school fair, and Nakuru gives Sakura a role. Sakura later begins to notice that Yukito is losing his power and is starting to fade away. Things come to head when Yukito passes out and falls of a veranda while shooting the film, though he is saved by Toya and, secretly, Sakura.
Toya finally manages to tell Yukito the truth about his power, telling off Nakuru when she attempts to interfere. In order to maintain Yue's power and existence, thus allowing Yukito to survive, Toya sacrifices his powers to save him, though losing the ability to sense when Sakura is in danger or see good spirits; such as his late mother. As such, Toya has Yue promise to protect Sakura, as well as himself. Having overheard, Sakura realizes that Toya had indeed known about her secret all along. She confronts Kero about why he didn't tell her about Yue/Yukito; Kero explains that he did so to prevent her from blaming herself, since her power alone wasn’t enough to sustain him, and thus act irrationally because of it. Not wanting Yukito to disappear again, Sakura resolves to confess her true feelings to him.
- Toya: (Glare) I'm trying to talk to Yukito about something really important. Get out!
- Nakuru: Umm yeah..
- (Shuts the door)
- Nakuru: It's not fair!
- Spinel: You couldn't prevent it huh?
- Nakuru: If I don't do something Toya is going to lose his powers.
- Spinel: There's nothing you can do. That's what he chose.
- Nakuru: But I want it for me!!!
- When the cast and crew of Nakuru's movie come inside the house, the first thing that is shown is the fireplace with a raging fire inside of it. Within moments, however, the camera pans from the right side of the room to the left side of the room, and there is no longer a fire in the fireplace.