|Sakura, Kero, and the Mysterious Teacher|
|Season 2, Episode 44|
|Air date||June 8, 1999|
Sakura's Farewell to Meiling
Sakura and the Final Clow Card
Sakura, Kero, and the Mysterious Teacher (さくらとケロと不思議な先生, Sakura to Kero to Fushigi na Sensei) is the forty-fourth episode of Cardcaptor Sakura. The Cardcaptors English dubbded title for this episode is "The Last Card, Part 1".
Sakura has the dream about Tokyo Tower again, and Ms. Mizuki was also in it. That day Sakura is heading out to watch an archery competition that Yukito, and surprisingly Ms. Mizuki are in. The two of them are both extremely good, hitting every shot they make. The final bout in the competition come down to Yukito and Ms. Mizuki. It looks as if the final round will take forever, but during the match Kero senses a strange power. When he sees Ms. Mizuki he mumbles “Yue”.
Ms. Mizuki senses something and misses the shot, and Yukito wins. During lunch Sakura notices that Kero is gone. She goes to look for him and finds him talking to Ms. Mizuki. Ms. Mizuki reveals that she has known about Kero, Sakura, and the Clow Cards the entire time. Before Sakura can react, the fifty-second and final Clow Card activates and begins to cause havoc and destruction all over the city.
- Ms. Mizuki: It's the first time I meet you in this form.
- Kero: Yeah... I was switching bodies with that kid the last time. Since I couldn't use any of my magic, I didn't realize it when I met you. I feel magic of tremendous power... especially that of the moon. Miss, you're one that uses the powers of the moon, aren't you?
- Ms. Mizuki: Yes...
- Kero: The other guardian of the Clow Cards that Clow Reed created to serve opposite me... Yue, which means "moon" in Chinese.
- Yukito: (to Toya) But this is a coincidence... to see you here.
- Sakura: You're right!
- Toya: There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world...
- Ms. Mizuki: There is only necessity.
- In this episode Toya said 'There is no such thing as coincidence' and Kaho replied 'There is only necessity (hitsuzen). This is stated in multiple occasions by Yūko Ichihara in both Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle and XxxHOLiC.
- This is the first time we see Yue's character, granted we don't see more than his hair and wings.